About Me

My photo
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
As long as I can remember I have been drawing and painting. Although my subject matter may have changed with time, what has not changed it my attraction to nature. Being drawn in by sunlight, shadows textures and details all with rich colors. I know I am best challenged when the work has a high element of complexity. I spend much time and effort exploring my subjects - striving to gather as much information as possible before I begin working. My first love is working with water mediums - from watercolors, through acrylics and most recently water soluble oils. Often I may explore the same or similar subject in different mediums.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Painting in St Andrew's this weekend - Artists-by-the-Sea, July 10th & 11th

So this delicious fella was the guest of honour at our Farther's Day Dinner earlier this year.  We cooked up quite a batch - and I photographed every stage.  I see the next series of paintings to follow.  I said red - gotta see see some other colour than lilac for a few days!  Artist's by the Sea have asked us to bring with us a few small pieces to get the auction started while we are all out painting in the community.  So, this is one of my small pieces to get tthe day started.

3 comments:

  1. This is great Helen, I love it. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Helen, great job.
    If you would like to follow my blog it is @ http://whatskristapaintingnow.blogspot.com/
    Talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete