About Me

My photo
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
As long as I can remember I have been drawing and painting. Although my subject matter may have changed with time, what has not changed it my attraction to nature. Being drawn in by sunlight, shadows textures and details all with rich colors. I know I am best challenged when the work has a high element of complexity. I spend much time and effort exploring my subjects - striving to gather as much information as possible before I begin working. My first love is working with water mediums - from watercolors, through acrylics and most recently water soluble oils. Often I may explore the same or similar subject in different mediums.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Pretty Petunias

This Painting was completed quite quickly by my usual standards.  I used a mask to preserve the white areas, then poured pink and pale green.  Once dried, I applied more mask and poured more watercolor paint and so on... 

Overall the painting took two days to complete. I think the hardest part was first applying the mask and them removing it.  Still have not decided if I like mask or not.  I usually carefully paint around things.

I am pretty happy with this process - it is fun!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment