About Me

My photo
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
As long as I can remember I have been drawing and painting. Although my subject matter may have changed with time, what has not changed it my attraction to nature. Being drawn in by sunlight, shadows textures and details all with rich colors. I know I am best challenged when the work has a high element of complexity. I spend much time and effort exploring my subjects - striving to gather as much information as possible before I begin working. My first love is working with water mediums - from watercolors, through acrylics and most recently water soluble oils. Often I may explore the same or similar subject in different mediums.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plein Air painting with my daughter Jenn

We braved the sun and heat and took the watercolours outside.  The first painting I did (8 x 10) is a little stiff - takes awhile to get the cob webs out when you paint outside.  The second painting of one of our grapevines  is a little larger and more free, so I feel more more satisfied with the results.  A freer style as we were racing with a rain shower. Raing and work on paper - well really mix.  On damp days like this was, it is difficult to get crisp lines

2 comments: