About Me

My photo
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
As long as I can remember I have been drawing and painting. Although my subject matter may have changed with time, what has not changed it my attraction to nature. Being drawn in by sunlight, shadows textures and details all with rich colors. I know I am best challenged when the work has a high element of complexity. I spend much time and effort exploring my subjects - striving to gather as much information as possible before I begin working. My first love is working with water mediums - from watercolors, through acrylics and most recently water soluble oils. Often I may explore the same or similar subject in different mediums.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

wanna play wanna play

This is a painting of our doggie.  Sadie is a highly spirited border collie lab cross and is always looking for someone to play with or for someone to pay attention to her.  She is very expressive and communicates with us quite clearly - Almost always about attention and/or food or food and/or attention!

She is getting on in years now.  We think she is about eleven - not sure as she was a resuce dog.  Her hair is turning quite white and she has started to slow down some.

This is a mixed watermedia painting on Ampersand Aquabord.  This surface is wonderful for painting textures such as fur and hair.

3 comments:

  1. Came out wonderful, I just want to reach out and pet her. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing! Her teeth are perfect. That is so Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, thank you for your supportive comment on my Late Bloomer blog. Comments are like gold lately! I was tickled to find your blog - such beautiful paintings you are creating. I remember traveling to New Brunswick with my husband, must be twenty years ago now. Such beautiful landscape there, heaven, really. I rarely paint pets - but you have captured real personality with your painting of Sadie. She looks kind to me. Are dogs kind?

    ReplyDelete