About Me

My photo
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
As long as I can remember I have been drawing and painting. Although my subject matter may have changed with time, what has not changed it my attraction to nature. Being drawn in by sunlight, shadows textures and details all with rich colors. I know I am best challenged when the work has a high element of complexity. I spend much time and effort exploring my subjects - striving to gather as much information as possible before I begin working. My first love is working with water mediums - from watercolors, through acrylics and most recently water soluble oils. Often I may explore the same or similar subject in different mediums.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Work in progress - Longing For Spring

This is a slow motion work in progress.  I started it late April and worked quite diligently on it until mid-May.  Then I had to get ready for a few art type obligations and had to let it rest for awhile.  So now am back at it as I would like to include it in my show "Full Spectrum" at the Saint John Imperial Theater from August 29th to November 18th.
I have added more tone to the clapboards on the side of the house, worked on the windows and the wreath and a started to tackle the snow.  I have been scumbling various lyres of colors in a circular pattern to get the feeling and texture of the snow.  I have destroyed a round bristle brush in the process - oh well,  just a work hazard.  Also been using paper tower and my fingers building up translucent layers.  

Still have a lot of work to do with the shadows and reflected red tones from the chairs.  Starting to feel the end  - two or three solid more days of painting should wrap it up.  And then on to the obligatory staring and scrutinizing stage.  All is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment